Mmm mmm is this dressing delicious! Great for a spring salad (even if we’re in third Winter here in Idaho). For this recipe, seek out an IPA that is citrus forward because it will accentuate the grapefruit. We used Matchwood Brewing Company’s Pacific IPA for this particular dish.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup citrusy IPA
- 1/2 cup hulled and mashed strawberries
- 1/2 mashed grapefruit segments
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- White Pepper
- Whisk the olive oil, IPA, strawberries, grapefruit, and sugar together in a medium bowl until the beer degasses and the sugar dissolves.
- Strain the dressing through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any particles, and transfer to a lidded jar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
We chose to put this dressing on a spinach salad with strawberries, goat cheese, and candied walnuts – YUM!